BersaLive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community for Bersa owners, enthusiasts, and non-owners alike -without fear of termination due to one's opinion.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Duke's neverending thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

Duke's neverending thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:50 pm

i'm loving that copperish rootbeerish color!
Back to top Go down
https://bersalive.forumotion.com
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Monotone Medium Copper Metallic Paint
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: NC bank standoff ends; police kill armed suspect   Duke's neverending thread EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:42 pm

A man who detained several people inside a suburban bank Thursday emerged from the building holding a gun to the head of one of his captives and was shot dead by police after three hours of tense negotiations helped by a hidden hostage who was feeding authorities information.

Read more here.

http://start.localnet.com/article.php?category=breaking&article=9554b25261904c7c9f389da9b23dc557
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm

fitting end! otherwise he would be out on parole in a few years
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: FOR ANYONE WHO HAS EVER LOST A PET.   Duke's neverending thread EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:20 am

Someone had sent me this a few years ago when I had to put my best friend of 14 years to sleep. He was a Siberian Husky that I got as a pup.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: A PETS TEN COMMANDMENTS   Duke's neverending thread EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:25 am

A Pet's Ten Commandments

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is
likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you
want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my
well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't
lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends,
your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice
when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however, you treat me,
I will never forget it

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose
not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or
uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering
me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in
the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will
grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me
please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me
face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are
there, because I love you so.

Author Unknown
Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care
of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience
without God's critters. Now please pass this on to other pet
owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded
by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has
four legs!
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: SATURDAY MORNING IN PA.   Duke's neverending thread EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:32 am

Due to the frequency of human-bear encounters, the Pennsylvania Fish and Wildlife Service is advising fishermen, hunters, and hikers or any persons who use the out of doors to take extra precautions when in the woods or on paths.

We advise outdoorsmen to wear little noisy bells on their clothing to give advance warning to any bears that might be close by so you don't take them by surprise.

We also advise anyone using the out-of-doors to carry "PEPPER SPRAY" in case of an encounter with a bear.

Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh bear activity, and be able to tell the difference between black bear feces and grizzly bear feces. Black bear feces is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur.
Grizzly bear crap has bells in it and smells like pepper!
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:36 am

Beautiful sentiment, Duke.
Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:24 pm

*pictures duke with little bells tied to his clothes* Laughing
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: WEATHER, HAW HAS IT BEEN   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:45 am

Hey everyone. How has the weather been in your area this winter? It sucked here since about the middle of November. Well below average temps and with the cost of fuel oil, It has been an expensive winter so far. Looking forward to putting the air conditioning back in the window.
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: BLONDE JOKE   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:35 pm

A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get started."

Her boyfriend asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?"

The blonde says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster."

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says,

"First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster."

He takes her hand and says, "Secondly, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then," he said with a deep sigh ... .......

"Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:48 pm

A lot of snow and freezing weather here for about three weeks.
But today the temp will be in the 50s.
Tornados tomorrow, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:34 pm

6 inches of snow one week, shorts and t-shirt temps the next, cold wind. i hate the summer though, i much love the fall.
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: TARGET SHOOTING   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: FOR US OLD GUYS. SEE IF YOU REMEMBER ANY OF THESE.   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: Doctors vs Gun owners   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Doctors

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately

9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do..'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT

ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. (bwhahaha)

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on
lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!

What a Face
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: Why I Carry a Gun   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:03 pm

My old grandpa once said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'.

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because, unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'."

..author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: SUMMERS COMMING. TIME TO GET OUT THE GRILL!   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Duke's neverending thread GrillGun
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: SECOND AMMENDMENT   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Duke's neverending thread Image021
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:56 pm

I remember too damn many of them.
Back to top Go down
Taz4509

Taz4509

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:57 pm

VROOOOOOOM!

Duke's neverending thread Chevyv8grill2zs2

Duke's neverending thread 2359d1194936964-word-picture-association-chevy-v8-grill-3
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Now if that gun grill had a compensator instead of a flash suppressor...
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:00 pm

My best score (out of two tries) 21 out of 88.
Back to top Go down
pistolpete

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:53 pm

duke:

that made me laugh.

reminds me of the age old question...who's worse, your doctor or your lawyer?

answer...your doctor. because first he takes all your money, then he kills you.

PP
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Duke likes to post A LOT of shit, so I'm stickying this just for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke's neverending thread   Duke's neverending thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Duke's neverending thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next